- Stand-alone latex equation editor
- cross-platform (python + wx + texlive)
- free (bsd-license)
- windows binary (32bit)
- osx binary (64bit lion)
Known features (bugs):
- Full installation instructions can be found in README file here
- Windows: Unzip with 7-zip and run lequation.exe
- Windows ribbon:
- Note! This is an alpha version
- Install python27 to c:\python27 (You must be able to write to it without admin access.)
- Install pywin, numpy and PIL
- run command line as root and enter: c:\python27\python lequationRegister.py
- Open word or powerpoint, there should be a lequation toolbar in addins in ribbon.
- Osx: unzip and drag-and-drop to Applications folder
- Windows zip does not open with standard windows zip for all windows versions.
- Equation picture may require two apply clicks.